FAQ – Express Money Orders:

The money order should be filled out immediately after purchase. Completely fill out the money order on the PAY TO THE ORDER OF line and sign on the PURCHASER LINE and the full address.

Should I keep my money order stub/receipt?

Yes, the money order stub/receipt should be kept for your records as proof of purchase.

The money order number on the stub/receipt will be needed if you ever have to contact US Express about your money order.

If I make a mistake can I change/cross out the name of who I made the money order out to?

No, alterations of any kind should not be made once you fill out the money order.

You will need to submit a claim form and follow the indstructions on the form.

What if I already filled out the money order but no longer need it for the payment I was going to make?

If the money order is not altered and in good condition and you habe the original receipt/stub, you may try to cash the money order at your bank or a check cashing store. We suggest that you contact your bank or check casher before going to the location.

If you are unable to cash the money order you may request a replacement money order by filling out the money order claim form.

I received a Money Order, where can I cash it?

A US Express Money Order can be deposited into your bank account or cashed at many check cashing locations.

Each location has their own policy for cashing money orders and may charge a fee to cash the money order.

I purchased a Money Order and sent it to a person/business, how can I find out if it has been cashed?

You can find out the status of your Money Order by calling 770-248-5688.

Please have your money order number available before calling.

I sent my Money Order to a company/person and they say they never received it. What do I do now?

It is likely your money order may still be in the mail. You may request a photocopy or refund by completing a claim form.

Can I put a stop payment on a Money Order I purchased?

The stop payment can be issued as long as the money order has not been cashed. Fill out the claim form and follow the instructions on the form.

If your Money Order is cashed before the refund is processed you will receive a photocopy provided you include the $20.00 processing fee.

What do I do if the Money Order I purchased is lost or stolen? How can I get my money back?

Please submit a claim card for a refund/photocopy.

I lost my Money Order and it was NOT filled out (it was blank) how can I get my money back?

You may request a replacement through a claim form. If the Money Order remains uncashed throughout the processing timeframe a refund will be sent to you. If the money order has been cashed, your money order will not be replaced or refunded.

Instead, a photocopy will be sent to you, provided the $20.00 fee was included with the claim form.

How can I find out who cashed my Money Order?

You can find out who cashed your Money Order by requesting a photocopy.

You will receive a front and back copy of the money order which will show you who endorsed and cashed the money order.

How does the claim card process work?

The Claim form Process can be used to request a refund or photocopy of your Money Order. Depending on the status of your Money Order at the time the claim card is processed, either a photocopy of the front and back of the cashed Money Order or a refund check will be mailed to you.

The Claim Card Process is not a stop payment. A replacement check will be issued if the Money Order does not cash before processing is complete.

The process requires the purchaser to include:

A completed and legible claim form

A $20.00 non-refundable processing fee made payable to US Express money order (NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS)

The ORIGINAL stub/purchaser’s receipt or ORIGINAL money order